Comics & Graphic Novels

Discussion of your favourite literature
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GrimReaper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Comics & Graphic Novels

Postby GrimReaper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 am

Do you read comic books? I do.
I got quite big collection on my bookshelf. Mostly Sandman, Hellblazer, Fables, Hellboy, and some others, like anything illustrated by Dave McKean.
Except that few hundread different ones on my hard drive (didn't read it all yet)

What kind of stuff you read? If you don't, then maybe it is time to start?

The Grim Reaper

Wigglytuff

Re: Comics & Graphic Novels

Postby Wigglytuff » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Yo. I've not been too deep into the comic book world for the past few years so my collection is mostly limited to Marvel, a smattering of DC, the first 8 books of The Walking Dead and a mish-mash of miscellaneous. I've been meaning to read Sandman (my brother has every book) but haven't got round to it yet. Got any recommendations? I like anything gritty, funny, and everything in between. I loved Watchmen, Batman: Year One, Bad Company and everything with zombies in it.
I think the world would be a better place if we all were to eat each other's poop

Sleep

Postby Sleep » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:00 pm

This is more of a question than anything else. Where... should I start when it comes to Comics/Graphic Novels? I never really... have read them before. But a lot of my friends do, and it'd be something interesting to me to start, but I have /no/ idea where to start... any ideas?
I've worked on a fair amount of things. Also I enjoy factsheets. Yell at me if there is a substance not on there, if there is one missing. I'm also an operator on the IRC. Been around since forever.

GrimReaper

Postby GrimReaper » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:25 pm

Read some Vertigo comics.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2005/12/20/t ... tigo-books

Start with Sandman.
The Grim Reaper

Return to “Book Club”